A fine 12th Century church welcomes you to our friendly, regular and well attended services or just to look around. A beautiful, simple and unspoilt building, mentioned in the Domesday survey, deserves a visit.
Points of interest
- Norman church door.
- Nave early Norman, possibly Saxon.
- Tower 12th - 13th C.
- Two new bells dedicated to local Parishioners 2003-2004.
- Third bell 2008 with plans for two more.
- 14th C. piscine and sedilia.
- Three sided 17th C. Altar rails.
- Windows - all clear glazing offering a very light, airy and peaceful ambience.
- Churchyard managed, by volunteers, for wildlife.
See Newsletter for times of services *
* Benefice Service at either Elmsett, Aldham, Kersey Hintlesham or Chattisham information from Churchwardens or village Newsletter
The Church is open daily or a key is available from either Churchwarden
Elmsett is part of the Benefice with Aldham, Kersey, Hintlesham and Chattisham.
www.crsbi.ac.uk - further information on Elmsett and other churches.
www.stedmundsbury.anglican.org - The Diocese of St.Edmundsbury and Ipswich.
www.English-Church-Architecture.net - further information on Elmsett and other churches.